On February 12-16, 2018 University of Vienna hosted EU funded Erasmus + CBHE INTEGRITY project’s First Consortium Kick-off Meeting organized in cooperation with Ilia State University as the project coordinating institution. This aim of the event was introduction of project consortium key staff, presenting the project details, highlighting project’s financial and administrative regulations and requirements, analyzing work packages and relevant deliverables for project’s Year 1.
First two days of the workshop was dedicated to the project management, whereas the rest of the 3 day was TOT that covered the following topics: project coherent PR Campaign, faculty/teaching staff training, institutional policies on plagiarism, reviewing academic writing curriculum against standards and requirements established for written academic communication, developing student support services that aim enhancing student services and academic writing tutoring opportunities. Additionally, project specific activities were identified and relevant dates approved.
Project in Brief
The core objective of the project Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY) is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity and supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
Project Core Activities and Outcomes
- Plagiarism Prevention & Detection Electronic Program Introduction in Georgian HEIs: to introduce plagiarism detection and prevention electronic program in Georgian universities, and integration into the existing Moddle system.
- Coherent and Consistent PR Plagiarism Awareness Campaign in HEIs in Georgia to design and launch a PR campaign as an important promotional mechanism that targets both students and faculty/teaching staff.
- Faculty/teaching staff training modules in effective assessment, teaching and learning to enhance student performance against the principles of academic integrity.
- Student Services that aim at developing and enhancing student services and academic writing tutoring opportunities to boost their writing skills with an eye on academic integrity.
- Academic Writing Curriculum Review – HEIs in Georgia will review their academic writing curriculum (bachelor, master and PhD level) against standards and requirements established for written academic communication.
- University Policies and Resources – The project aims at helping higher education institutions shape their consistent framework of policies and regulations that are conducive to quality teaching and learning processes based on the principles of academic integrity. Importantly, it allows universities to develop their resources (e.g. guides) and introduce advanced tools (electronic programmes) to support effective academic instruction.
Project EU Partners
- University Of Roehampton (Uk)
- University Of Uppsala (Sweden)
- University Of Viena (Austria)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
Georgian Partner HEIs
- Ilia State University (Coordinator)
- Tbilisi State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy Of Georgia
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University Of Zugdidi
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Caucasus University
- Bank Of Georgia Teaching University Ltd
- Academy Of The Ministry Of Internal Affairs Of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
Government & Associate Partner
- Ministry Of Education And Science Of Georgia (Structural Measure Key Partner)
- National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (Associate Partner)