On October 25th, 2019 Ilia State University hosted an event/workshop “Turnitin On Campus” organized within the frames of EU Funded Erasmus + CBHE project Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY).
Working sessions were led by TURNITIN (software procured within the frames of INTEGRITY project) representatives – Katya Levchenko, Maarten Mortier and Jason Gibson. The event covered several breakout roundtable sessions covering the following topics Putting Academic Integrity into Practice, Scaling Your Impact: Meaningful Feedback and Assessment, Is it their own work? (covering kinds of misconduct at HEIs, cases of contract cheating, academic misconduct policy, etc). The event was attended not only by representatives of INTEGRITY consortium members, but it was open to all HEIs outside the consortium that in the future might be considering using TURNITIN soft.
The event once again summarized the INTEGRITY project and its results.
Briefly about the Project
The core objective of the project Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY) is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity and supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
Project EU Partners
- University Of Roehampton (Uk)
- University Of Uppsala (Sweden)
- University Of Viena (Austria)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
Georgian Partner HEIs
- Ilia State University (Coordinator)
- Tbilisi State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy Of Georgia
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University Of Zugdidi
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Caucasus University
- Bank Of Georgia Teaching University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University
Government & Associate Partner
- Ministry Of Education and Science Of Georgia (Structural Measure Key Partner)
- National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement (Associate Partner)